Monday, February 11, 2008

Cecilia, you're wreckin' me head...

This bloody song followed me around like a bad smell all weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq5CF1nAJD4


Having not heard it for years it was on random radio statons TWICE on Friday morning. I switched off before it got to the bongo break. Later I was in Athlone to do my bit for Seoige & O'Shea, so after it I had a look into the Virgin, now Zavvi store and, lo and behold, bloody Suggs was on the instore stereo system. Instead of turning on my heels in disgust I ended up buying Slashes autobiography for a tenner. Then, back in the car, instead of listening to the yawnsome tones of Mary Wilson I instead tuned into Shannonside FM in the hope of cathing their award-winning obituaries round-up, but no, it was bloody Suggs again with Cecilia who was still breaking his heart and wrecking me head.

Then, on Saturday, Camden Town burns down. Suggs recorded an excruciating song called "Camden Town". Maybe the two were connected. Did the nutty boy burn down Camden? Probably.

Anyway, the Sid Little and Eddie Large original was much better...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2vNEXqHo_o

Today's lunch: Toasted hang 'n' cheese with mustard and tae.

Home and Away: Dull, but at least Jack and his amazingly boring marriage crisis didn't figure. Instead we had the half sister who's DNA was never tested to see if she really was a half sister getting drunk and allowing bad boy Aidan to get his leg over. We had Ric's affair and something else that I have immediately forgotten about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can remember that song so well. Round 1998 or so? Feckin headwreck it was indeed...